Name Change

To process a name change, please login to the NCBDN Gateway.

You will need to have the following available to upload:

  1. A digital copy of your marriage certificate (or court judgment for name change). Alternately, you may also submit a digital copy of your current Driver’s License or Passport.

Please note, the NCBDN has moved to an entirely electronic process, thus you will have the ability to print your updated card or certificate online, from the NCBDN licensee Gateway, once you receive a confirmation email indicating that your name change request has been processed and approved.

NOTE: The NCBDN database is not “linked” with the Commission on Dietetic’s database, the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists’ database, or the American Clinical Board of Nutrition’s database. Thus, you must change your name with each entity separately.

Please contact the Board office if you have any questions regarding this process, 919-388-1931 or